Use one of the free 'Backpack Kids' digital stamp downloadable images to make this cute pocket card for a young one about to start school. The card is simple to make and the backpack is easily adapted to contain pockets for special notes or images. I made the card with two pockets, however simply add more layers if you would like to increase the number of pockets.
- Pick one of the Backpack kids digital stamps to feature on the card - 'Backpack Kids'
- Save the digital stamp and resize as required (for more information about using digital stamps see - The Complete Guide to Digital Stamps
- Copy the image so there are three images on a page (or print a single image three times)
- Cut around one of the Backpack Kids images and add color as required
- Cut around different sections of the backpack and color
- Use glue to layer the pieces of the backpack leaving a gap at the top of each piece to make a pocket
- Carefully cut a slot into the final piece of the backpack (see the following page for a close up of the pockets
- Add little notes, stamped images or other items to really personalize the card
More Backpack Kids ProjectsThe backpack kids digital stamps and other images are perfect for making back-to-school themed projects:
- Backpack Kids Digital Stamps - the four Backpack Kids characters are available in jpg and png formats (the png format has a transparent background which is ideal if you want to combine them with other digital stamps), with a 'Back to School is Cool' sentiment
- Backpack Kids 'This Belongs To' - add these to books, files and other items to provide identification
More Back to School Projects
- Customize Storage Files - use rubber stamps to customize plain storage files
- Make a Pencil Holder - turn an old biscuit tube into a pencil holder or desk tidy
- Back to School Bookplates - these printable bookplates and frames are perfect for customizing with rubber stamps, available in both jpg and png formats they can be resized before printing