Vellum has a smooth surface and needs a little care when used in rubber stamping projects. A pigment ink should be used and this is best heat set using a heat tool or embossed. This will stop the ink from smudging or smearing.
- Glass jar
- Piece of vellum to fit around the glass jar
- Ribbon to decorate the candle holder
- Rubber stamp as required
- Pigment ink
- Embossing powder
- Heat tool
- Pencils, pens or paint to add color
- Glue (a pva or tacky glue will work well)
- Scissors, ruler and a pencil
- Cut a piece of vellum to fit around the jar. Lightly mark with pencil where the stamp is to be positioned.
- Stamp an image onto the vellum and use a heat tool to set the ink or heat emboss as required.
- Color the image. Bright and vibrant colors will give a stained glass effect when a candle is lit.
- Attach the vellum to the glass jar using a fine line of glue. Although this glue will show through the vellum, this will be hidden by the ribbon.
- Add ribbon at the top and the bottom of the vellum to disguise the joins and add a ribbon at the top.
- Add any further embellishments or decorations and enjoy!