These cute pyramid box ornaments are simple to make using this free printable template - Pyramid Box Template. The template is available in two sizes. The small pyramid box is ideal for holding a small Christmas or holiday gift and would make a great tree decoration. The larger pyramid box would hold some candies or a larger gift. I used the smaller sized template to make these little boxes and they look effective when grouped together.
The pyramid box ornament is quick to create, however for best results it is a good idea to score along the fold lines to give clean edges to the box.
- Template (Pyramid Box Template)
- Medium weight cardstock
- Festive rubber stamps, ink and embossing powders
- Ribbon, glitter, beads, wire or other embellishments
- Glue, scissors and other basic craft supplies
- Either print the template onto scrap paper and transfer this to good paper or print the template directly onto good paper. If you are going to decorate the paper with rubber stamps and heat embossing then it is better to do it now, before the paper is folded.
- Cut around the template and score along the fold lines as indicated.
- Use adhesive or double sided tape to join the sides of the pyramid box as required.
- Add further decorations and embellishments. I dotted glitter glue around the edges of the pyramid box.
- Make a hole through the top of the box and thread a wire or cord through here to hang the ornaments with. I used a twist of craft wire.
Ideas for Using the Pyramid OrnamentsHere are some ideas for using these cute pyramid ornaments:
- Make 24 of these and add a number to the front and use then as an unusual variation on an advent calendar
- Hang a number of the ornaments from a ribbon or cord to make a pretty garland
- Pop small gifts or candies into the ornaments to make an unusual gift box