This paper stacked cone Christmas tree is easy to make and is an ideal way to use up odds and ends of paper left over from other rubber stamping or scrapbooking projects (see background papers for ideas for making decorative paper. The tree is simply made from different sized paper cones that are stacked on top of each other. The secret to making an effective looking stacked cone tree is to raise each cone slightly. I did this by making a small paper ring, about 1/4" inch deep and putting this onto each cone before adding the next cone (the top cone, of course, does not need this). This adds a bit of height and gives the tree a distinct 'Christmas tree' shape (see the picture on the following page which illustrates this).
Make your own cones by simply drawing a different sized semi circles onto a piece of paper or cardstock, or use our template - Stacked Cone Tree Template.
- Paper or cardstock
- Rubber stamps, inks and embossing powder as required
- Glitter glue and any embellishments
- Basic crafting supplies
- Make four cones of different sizes, either using the template (Stacked Cone Tree Template) or making your own custom size. Decorate these with rubber stamps as required.
- Glue the edges of the cones together.
- Make small paper rings, about 1/4" inch deep and put these on top of each cone to assemble the tree.
- Add any other embellishments as required.
More Festive Rubber Stamping and Paper Crafts
- Christmas and Holidays Templates - Use these Christmas and festive themed templates to add to cards and other projects
- Christmas Card Templates for Rubber Stamping - Border templates for Christmas cards
- Christmas Rubber Stamping Ideas and Projects - Create your own unique Christmas cards and gifts this year using simple rubber stamping techniques!
- Clothes Pin Card Holder - Bling up your clothes pins to make an unusual card holder
- Festive Pinwheels - These festive pinwheels make unusual decorations and garlands
- Free Printable Gift Tags - Handmade gift tags are useful for adding a personal touch to festive gifts
- How to Make a Rubber Stamped Paper Chain - How to make paper chains for the holiday season
- How to Make an Exploding Box - This cute exploding box makes an unusual alternative to a standard gift box and is surprisingly simple to make!
- Ideas for Ornaments Created from Air Dry Clay and Rubber Stamps - Ideas for making ornaments from air dry clay and decorated with rubber stamps
- Ideas for Sentiments and Greetings for Christmas Cards - Sentiments and greetings for Christmas cards and other festive projects
- Make a Glass Jar Candle Holder With Vellum and Rubber Stamps - These candle holders are very effective and are simple to make using a glass jar, vellum and rubber stamps
- Make a Paper Globe Ornament - This effective ornament is easy to make and can be adapted in many ways
- Make a Small Cube Ornament - Pretty cube ornament for the festive season
- Ornament Projects and Ideas - Make handmade ornaments