Christmas Cracker Gift Ideas
Christmas cracker gifts need to be small enough to fit in the inner tube. If you are not sure what size this is, then think of the size of a toilet roll inner. Here are some ideas for small gifts that would be perfect for a cracker:
- Rubber Stamp - a small rubber stamp would make a great Christmas cracker gift! Pick a stamp that most closely resembles the interests of the recipient.
- Promise Cards - use this promise card template to make the gift of a special promise. An alternative is to give everyone a blank promise card and for everyone to exchange promises.
- Calendar - make a small calendar to put in the cracker. This ATC sized calendar can be rolled to fit the tube.
- Paper Beads - make paper beads and pop them into a bag with some glass beads and beading wire for a DIY jewelry gift.
- Candies - traditionally a few sweets or candies were placed in crackers. Make some handmade candies and pop a few into each cracker for a handmade treat.
- Miniatures - if you are looking for more ideas for things to make then take a look at the wide selection of tiny projects available from our Miniatures Guide.
Mottoes and Christmas Cracker Jokes
You can personalize your crackers further by adding mottoes and jokes. Pick one that best suits the recipient or use a selection of general mottoes and jokes that are suitable for all members of the family:
- Traditional cracker jokes - if your Christmas isn't complete without a groan or two then take a look at the 10 Worst Christmas Cracker Jokes from the Telegraph and the Top 10 Christmas Cracker Jokes from the BBC.
- Limericks and poems - write a short limerick or poem to go in your cracker. If you're not too hot at rhyming then take a look at this rhyme dictionary
- More jokes - pick some jokes that best suit the interests of the recipients. Ideas include football jokes, Military jokes, golf jokes, political jokes and even math jokes