A CD case calendar is a great rubber stamping project. Use a template to create the calendar and then decorate the template with rubber stamps and embellishments. In a few quick steps a CD case is taken apart and reassembled so that the top forms a standing up frame for a calendar.
Time Required: An Afternoon
- Gently take the CD case apart. Take the lid from the case by carefully pulling the joint apart. Remove everything from inside the case and set to one side.
- Use a CD calendar template such as the 2011 CD calendar from our calendar library. Print this out onto paper following the instructions given. Use the lid from the CD case to decide where to place the calendar, draw around this and cut the paper to size.
- Rubber stamp around the calendar as required. Mask the calendar if required to keep the calendar clear from stamped images. The calendar in the image has been stamped with a flower outline stamp and colored with pencils. This means that different color schemes can be used on every page, perhaps to tie in with the seasons.
- To make the calendar, slot the CD case back together with the lid on backwards. This means that the CD case will not close, instead the lid stays upright. Slot the rubber stamped calendar pages behind the CD lid.
- Ideas for rubber stamping the calendar:
What You Need
- Empty CD case
- Paper for printing the template on
- Rubber stamps and inks
- Scissors or craft knife