Make a Paper Bead Star
This unusual star ornament is made from paper beads. The beads have simply been threaded onto craft wire with a central button used to hold them in place. I secured the paper beads in place with a complementary colored glass bead. This project is extremely adaptable. Larger or smaller beads could be used to create a star of a different size or more beads could be added to create a very different effect.
Paper beads are easy to make and you can decorate them with rubber stamps and inks to create your own unique effects. This is a great way to create your own custom beads to match other decorations. If you are new to making paper beads then they are explained in more detail in this article and a template is also provided to make creating them even easier - How to Make Paper Beads.
- Ten paper beads
- Complementary colored button and glass beads (the glass beads should be bigger than the hole in the center of the paper bead)
- Craft wire
- Cut five pieces of craft wire that are a couple of inches longer than the length of two paper beads, thread two beads onto each piece of craft wire.
- Place a glass bead onto each end of the craft wire and bend the wire round to form a loop which will stop the beads from coming off the craft wire
- Lay the pieces of wire over each other so they cross to form a star
- Use a piece of craft wire to bind the beaded craft wire into place and attach a button to the center of the star.
More Paper Bead Projects
- Paper Bead and Glass Bead Necklace - make a few paper beads and intersperse them with glass beads to make a striking necklace
- Halloween Paper Bead Earrings - these earrings can be adapted for any occasion
- Paper Bead Ornament - make a large paper bead and use this to hang ornaments from or as a decoration in its own right, you could also make a few and string them together to make an unusual garland