Baked polymer clay is easy to stamp on and gives the creative rubber stamper plenty of opportunity to try new projects. This simple brooch is ideal for beginners and can be adapted to make a pendant, earrings or other types of jewelry or card embellishments.
I have used a liquid polymer clay to coat the stamped polymer clay. While this looks opaque before baking, after curing it becomes transparent. This gives added dimension to the project and accentuates the stamped image. A clear varnish or glaze would have worked equally well.
Any type of rubber stamp can be used. I opted for one of my favorites, which is a floral outline stamp with plenty of opportunity for adding color. A permanent ink such as StazOn would also be a good option for ink as it will not run or smudge.
I made a polymer clay 'frame' to finish this brooch. I picked a color that complemented the colors that I had used to color the rubber stamped image. The frame helps to give the brooch a more finished look and balances the design.
- White polymer clay
- Rubber stamp, ink and pencils or paints
- Complementary colored polymer clay
- Liquid polymer clay
- Brooch finding
- Polymer clay tools
More Reading About Polymer Clay and Rubber StampsIf you are new to working with rubber stamps and polymer clay or simple fancy some more ideas, then check out these articles:
- How to Condition Polymer Clay - well conditioned polymer clay is essential to good results
- Learn About Polymer Clay and Rubber Stamps - how to use rubber stamps with polymer clay (a beginners guide)
- Stamp with Acrylic Paint on Polymer Clay - create interesting surface textures and designs
- Easy Polymer Clay Mokume Gane - use rubber stamps to create interesting effects in polymer clay
- Easy Polymer Clay Pendant - effective polymer clay pendant
- Make a Polymer Clay Medallion - polymer clay medallion that would also make a card embellishment
- Mica Shift with Polymer Clay and Rubber Stamps - create an optical illusion in metallic polymer clay
- Customize Brads with Polymer Clay - create your own unique and customized brads