This is a quick and easy way to make a corner bookmark from an old envelope. Although this is a simple project, there is plenty of scope for customizing and decorating the corner bookmark with rubber stamps and other embellishments.
- An old envelope
- Scissors (pattern edge scissors give a fancy edge)
- Rubber stamps, inks and other embellishments
How to Make an Envelope Corner Bookmark
- Cut the corner from an envelope using pattern edge scissors to create a fancy edge
- Stamp the corner envelope and decorate with other embellishments - I used a marker pen to add colored lines to the bookmark and added dots of glitter glue
- Leave to one side to dry
This simple corner bookmark can be adapted and varied in a number of ways. Here are some more ideas:
- Use a decorative hole punch to punch shapes along the edge of the corner bookmark
- Hang charms or a piece of ribbon from the corner of the bookmark
- Cut two corners from an envelope, one larger than the other and layer these together to give an attractive layered effect
- Use colored envelopes
These simple bookmarks make great gifts.