A long strip of paper is required to make the star. I used a strip from a roll of craft paper to make the star in the photograph, which I decorated with rubber stamps. A strip of wrapping paper or even wallpaper would also work well. Vary the size of the paper to alter the finished size of the star.
- Strip of paper (I used a strip of paper 8 feet long and 4 inches wide)
- Rubber stamps and inks to decorate the paper if required
- Scissors, glue and other basic crafting supplies
InstructionsThe paper star is created following these instructions folded paper star instructions (I strongly recommend making a small paper star from scrap paper first to familiarize yourself with the process).
- Fold the strip of paper following the instructions, however before shaping the star run a line of glue along any open edges. While this isn't strictly necessary, it does help produce a more robust finished item
- Rubber stamp the flat folded paper before starting to shape the star. When this has dried finish the star according to the instructions.