Decorating with Papercraft by Clare Youngs
In Decorating with Papercraft, author Clare Youngs provides 25 interesting papercraft projects. Each project is for a decorative item including ornaments, lampshade, bowls and paper flowers. The project designs are stylish and high quality with the emphasis on contemporary fashions.
Decorating with Papercraft is broken down into sections with templates provided for every project where required. The sections include:
- Tools and Materials - this outlines the tools and materials required to undertake the projects. Most of these will be familiar to rubber stampers and other papercrafters.
- Techniques - the key techniques are explained and this includes an explanation of how to use the templates which is a useful feature.
- Flowers and Frills - 9 projects that include a garland, flying fish and tealight holder.
- Printed Matter - projects that include printed materials including a small book and icosahedrons.
- Stylish Statements - including candle shade, picture frame and a giant snowflake
I have enjoyed reading Decorating with Papercraft. It is not a rubber stamping book, however it is a great book if you are looking for interesting papercraft projects that you can adapt and customize with rubber stamps. Most of the projects in the book can be created using paper or cardstock that you have decorated yourself with rubber stamps. This offers presents a great opportunity to create your own special decorative items, for instance to make items to co-ordinate with a party or wedding theme. I found Clare Youngs style of writing easy to read and the projects are detailed enough to be clear and easy to follow without unnecessary detail. I recommend Decorating with Papercraft to any rubber stamper who is looking for some new papercraft projects.