There are so many great Halloween rubber stamping projects that it can be easy for a stamper to get carried away and end up buying many fantastic, but not strictly necessary, supplies. This is particularly relevant to new stampers who are starting out and have the exciting task of starting their stamp collection and supplies from scratch.
See Buying Halloween Rubber Stamps for more information and tips to help make the perfect Halloween rubber stamp purchase.
This 'stamping essentials' shopping list outlines some of the basics required. Of course, if your budget permits there are loads of other great rubber stamping supplies to buy, however these are some of the key supplies. With a little careful planning a few key rubber stamping supplies can go along way and produce many great Halloween projects.
Paper and Cardstock
Paper and cardstock is a Halloween stamping essential. The choice of paper and cardstock will largely depend on the projects.
- Paper – A roll or two of craft paper will go a long way at Halloween. This is ideal for making party decorations such as paper chains. Craft paper is also ideal for making trick or treat bags, wrapping candy containers and is perfect for rubber stamped wrapping paper and paper chains. Tissue paper is ideal for adding an ethereal touch to a project or adding rubber stamps to candles.
- Cardstock - Greeting card blanks are readily available from craft and stamping stores and this can be a quick and easy way to make greeting cards and invitations. While this is a convenient way of making cards, it is more costly than buying sheets of cardstock for making handmade cards. Large sheets of cardstock are also versatile as the cardstock can be used in a wide range of projects. Pick simple plain colors such as white, black and orange.
Inks and Paints
Inks and paints are essential for Halloween stamping projects.
- Inks - Most inks are absolutely fine for Halloween stamping projects. Dye inks are fast drying and are ideal for many stamping projects whereas pigment inks are ideal for embossing. The choice of ink will depend on the project, however a single black pigment ink pad and pot of clear embossing powder are a versatile combination that are suitable for many stamping projects.
- Paint - Paint is also useful for using with foam stamps and for stamping large, bold images. This gives a slightly textured surface. Tempera paint is ideal for using with foam stamps and can be found relatively cheaply at many craft stores.
The choice of coloring medium will affect the finished look of a project. What ever your chosen coloring method, picking a palette that can be used for a wide variety of projects will help to extend the stamping budget!
Embellishments and Accents
A few well placed embellishments can really give a finishing touch to a project.
- Ready Made Embellishments – There are many ready made embellishments that can add extra detail to a Halloween stamping project.
- Ribbon – Ribbon is a good way to add complementary color to a stamping project or to make bows to use for embellishments.
- Glitter - Glitter pens and glues are a great way to add accents to projects.
More Halloween Rubber Stamping and Craft Projects
- Free Halloween invitation templates - if you are having a Halloween party or celebration this year, why not create your own custom invitations using our free templates.
- Greetings and Sentiments for Halloween - add a spookily suitable sentiment to a Halloween craft project for the perfect finishing touch! Whether you are looking for a few words to add to a handmade card or a sentiment for a scrapbook project, we've got a wide range of ideas
- Make Your Own Halloween Foam Stamps - create your own foam Halloween stamps using our templates. These are ideal for making gift wrap and using in other Halloween rubber stamping projects.
- Halloween Rubber Stamping and Craft Project Gallery - ideas for Halloween rubber stamping and craft projects.
- Make a Halloween Candle - use rubber stamps to make a Halloween candle. Simple rubber stamping techniques are all that is required to make these lovely Halloween candles.
- Halloween Templates - use these templates for Halloween themed rubber stamping projects.
- Coffin Gift Box - make this easy coffin gift box using our free printable template.
- Free Halloween Printables - this is a collection of free Halloween printables that will work well with rubber stamping projects. Find free vintage postcards through to stencils.
Halloween Rubber Stamping Hints and Tips
- Essential Halloween Rubber Stamping Supplies List - there are a few rubber stamping essentials that will be useful for many Halloween rubber stamping projects.
- Halloween Rubber Stamping for Beginners - a beginners guide to Halloween rubber stamping. Make your own special Halloween decorations, invitations and much more! Here's a guide to the essentials which will help you get started.
- Buying Halloween Rubber Stamps - tips for buying Halloween rubber stamps for beginners. With a little planning, a few Halloween rubber stamps are all that is required for many Halloween rubber stamping projects.
- How to Pick Colors for Halloween Rubber Stamping Projects - pick a few key colors that can be used in a whole variety of Halloween rubber stamping projects.