Picking Colors and DesignsCalendars present a great opportunity to stamp a different design themed to each month. These might include:
- January – winter, snow, January sales (shopping), new year, new year's resolutions
- February – Saint Valentine's Day, romance, pink, hearts
- March – Spring, Easter, bunnies, chics, daffodils
- April – Spring flowers,
- May – gardens, countryside
- June – beginning of summer, vacations,
- July – beaches, sea, ice cream, summer sports
- August - harvest, yellows, golds
- September – back to school, end of summer,
- October – Halloween, the Fall
- November – Thanksgiving, long winter nights [li[December – festivities, presents, giving, snow
Using Calendars as GiftsHand stamped calendars also make lovely and thoughtful gifts. They are very easy to customize with birthdays, anniversaries and other special days highlighted. In addition to making a full calendar and giving it as a gift at the start of the year, why not make a calendar page monthly? Sending someone a handmade calendar page is a lovely way to show that you're thinking of them and is a great project for a youngster.
Calendars also make great sellers – however do remember to check the angel policy of the stamp manufacturer.
Tips for Using Calendar TemplatesHere are some useful tips:
- Before starting to stamp, print the calendar onto waste or scratch paper and plan the stamping design.
- Use a heavy weight paper or card for the finished calendar
- Punch holes at the top of the calendar and hold the pages together with ribbon for an attractive finish