Rubber stamps of animals such as cats are very popular. Subtle detail such as stripes and other markings can be added using chalks and an embossing pen. The chalks adhere to marks made with the embossing pen and this is particularly effective for creating animal markings. This technique can be applied to any outline stamp.
Time Required: Quick
- Using an outline stamp, stamp an image onto the paper or cardstock as required.
- With the embossing pen, draw markings onto your animal, for instance stripes or spots on dogs and cats. The chalks will adhere to the inked markings making a darker pattern.
- Brush chalks over the stamp and color in any other detail with marker pens as required. Build up color in layers to increase the density. Gently brush away any loose chalk powder.
- Chalks can be blended to create a new palette of shades.
- Clear embossing ink will be invisible on the light colored paper or cardstock. Hold the paper to the light to see where the embossing ink marks have been made.
- Build up the colors in layers - it is easier to add more color than take it away!
What You Need
- Outline stamp and ink
- Embossing pen
- Marker pen or other supplies as required