The finished pieces can be used individually for a dramatic effect on a card, used as mobiles or charms or applied with other materials to form a collage.
- Stamp outline images onto paper or cardstock a number of times. Alter the types and colors of papers as required.
- Cut out the pieces, remembering if you want to retain the stamped line to cut slightly outside the outline.
- Compile the separate pieces on a further piece of paper, gluing them into place.
- Cut the finished images out if required.
- Use a thick double sided glue or glue spots to give a greater depth to the images.
- Most outline stamps are suitable. Character figures can have heads and limbs cut from different colored papers or cut to give the impression of movement; flower petals could be cut from different colored papers and very subtle effects can be achieved by cutting an image from tissue paper and applying this to a similar tone of cardstock or paper.
- Experiment with different materials. Foils, fabrics and acetate bring additional texture to an image.
- This is a good way to layer images without having to use masking techniques.
What You Need
- Rubber stamps with outline images
- Selection of colored papers and cards
- Glue, double sided tape or ink dots
- Other supplies dependent on project