This is a basic box template that is ideal for customizing. This box is as basic as they come - however this is what makes it so good for decorating and customizing. The template has been used to make the simple gift box above - however take a look at the next page to see what a few embellishments can do!
The box can be customized in a number of ways. Here are some ideas:
- Decorate the box with rubber stamps. It is best to stamp the box before it is folded.
- Attach a photograph to the front of the box to give it a really personal feel.
- Use these boxes to contain party or wedding favors. Decorate the box so it matches other decorations or decorative themes.
- Add a flap to one end of the box.
- Make 25 of these boxes and number each one from 1 to 25. Hang these from a ribbon and use as an advent calendar or as a count-down calendar to any special occasion.
- Use old calendars or other unwanted materials to make these boxes. These can then be decorated further using rubber stamps and inks in an 'altered art' style.
- These boxes are perfect for using as the base for simple paper toys. Add features and arms, legs and other embellishments to make your own custom paper toy!