Use the free printable template on the next page to make this pretty handbag gift bag. This handbag gift bag is simple to make and is ideal for party favors or for use as unusual gift packaging. Dress the bag up with embellishments and adornments. Use different color schemes to theme the bag to different occasions.
A punch or circle cutter is useful for making the holes for the handle of the bag, however if you don't have these to hand you can cut the holes by hand using scissors. The best way to do this is to make a small hole in the center first and use this for a starting point for cutting.
How to Make a Handbag Gift Bag
- Print the template on the next page onto scrap paper and transfer this to a piece of cardstock
- Cut around the template and score along the fold lines, this will give a good crisp edge
- Stamp and decorate as required (it is easier to do this before assembling the bag)
- Adhere the edges together using glue or double sided tape
- Add further embellishments as desired desired