Give your cupcakes an added bit of Valentine's Day flair with these cute cupcake toppers. These are easy to make using just a few supplies that you are likely to have close to hand. Add embellishments such as feathers or beads to give the cake toppers a bit of added interest.
- Paper or cardstock
- Lollipop sticks (or toothpicks)
- Rubber stamps, ink, pens, glitter glue etc
- Embellishments such as feathers or beads if required
- Glue, hole punch or scissors (I used fancy edge scissors)
These cupcake toppers are very simple to make. They are each formed from two discs of card which have been decorated. The lollipop stick is attached in between the front and back disc.
- Cut or punch two discs of the same size for each cake topper
- Decorate these discs as required, I used a combination of heart shaped rubber stamps and a glitter gel pen
- Apply glue to the back of one of the front disc, press the lollipop stick in place and add a feather if required
- Press the back disc into place and leave to dry, add any further decorations as required
- If the cupcake topper has wording or a design that means that it has a correct way up, mark the back of the topper at '12 o'clock' to help with the placing of the lollipop stick and other embellishments
- Add smaller discs in layers on the cupcake topper, use a 3d self adhesive double sided tape to give greater dimension
- Use the same design to make wine glass charms or to attach to simple napkin rings for co-ordinated Valentine's Day decorations