Here's a round-up of Earth Day themed projects from around the Hobbies category at About.com.
- Green Rubber Stamping Projects - environmentally friendly rubber stamping ideas
- Tips for Greener Crafting - Add your suggestions to the Tips for Greener Crafting on the Miniatures site
- Crochet an Earth Friendly Market Bag - with this pattern from Crochet Contributing Writer Erica Jackofsky. She suggests making it in organic cotton
- Items to Recycle - turn junk into treasures
- Make a Corner Bookmark - one way to recycle used envelopes
- Earth Day Crafts - from About.com Family Crafts
- Stylish Uses for Plastic Bags - craft projects using plastic bags
- Recycle, Reuse, Recycle Motif - to stitch from About.com Cross Stitch and there's also some great tree patterns you can work along side it.
- Recycle Gift Cards - craft ideas using old gift cards from About.com Contests
- Frugal Jewelry Making Ideas - ideas for making jewelry using recycled materials from About.com Jewelry Making
- Green Sewing Ideas - Earth friendly sewing ideas from About.com Sewing
- Knitting Guide Sarah White has three great ways to create recycled yarns, Make Yarn From Old T Shirts, How to recycle Yarn From a Sweater and How to Make Plastic Yarn (Plarn) from Recycled Plastic Bags
If you have any ideas for recycling and crafting then why not add them here and share your thoughts with others - How to Turn Junk Into Treasures.