There are many ways of using digital stamps. You could simply print out the stamps and then cut them out to apply to a card or other projects. Another way of using the stamps is to position the stamps on the page first, for instance to lay out the stamps to make a handmade greeting card, and then print this. You will need to know how to open, resize and print the image which ever way you intend to work.
- Go to File > New to open a blank document and then File > Page Setup.
- In the new dialog window, select the papersize that coincides with the paper that you have loaded in your printer. Also be sure to click the radio button next to Landscape or Portrait as required.
- Next expand the page's margins to the actual edges of the page. This is done by clicking on and dragging the margin handles in the rulers that appear to the top and left of the screen
- Now go to Insert > Text Box. We're using a text box as Abiword does not have an image box.
- Now when you move the cursor onto the page, it will have changed to a cross-hair. Click and drag the cursor to draw a text box. Once the box has been drawn, you can click on it and when the cursor changes to a Move cursor, a thicker cross with small arrows on all four points, you can click and drag the text box to place it in the desired position. It is easier to move the box in the correct position before placing a digital stamp into it. You can also click on the resizing handles, the eight small black squares spaced around the outline of the text box, and change the size and dimensions of the box.
- Select Insert > Picture to open a file browser window and navigate to the downloaded digital stamps, select the digital stamp file and click the open button.
- The digital stamp now appears in the text box, but the text box still has a thin black line all around.
- To remove the line go to Format > Text Box to open a new dialog window to change the text box's settings.
- In the top right of this dialog is the Preview section with four buttons surrounding the preview window. If you don't want a border around the image, you need to click on each of the four buttons to toggle them off. As each one is toggled, the corresponding border in the preview disappears and when all four have been turned off, click the Apply button followed by Close.
- Follow these same steps to insert a second digital stamp if required.
- Check how the digital stamps appear on the page using Preview and print the page in the normal manner.