There are many ways of using digital stamps. You could simply print out the stamps and then cut them out to apply to a card or other projects. Another way of using the stamps is to position the stamps on the page first, for instance to lay out the stamps to make a handmade greeting card, and then print this. You will need to know how to open, resize and print the image which ever way you intend to work.
Using Microsoft Works
This explains how to insert a digital stamp into a text box. This allows you to move the images around the page and gives you a greater degree of flexibility.
- Go to File > Page Setup.
- In the new dialog, click on the Margins tab and set all the margins to 0. On the Source, Size & Orientation tab, change the Orientation to Horizontal and then select the paper size that matches the paper loaded in your printer.
- Go to View > Zoom and select a different Zoom percentage if necessary to be able to see the whole page on your screen.
- Now you're going to insert a Text Box. This will be used to contain the first digital stamp. To insert the Text Box go to Insert > Text Box.
- You will now have an empty box in the page and if you click on it close to the border you can drag it around to position it where you want. You can use the grab handles that appear at the corners and each side to change the size and shape. When you're happy with the position, go to Insert > Picture > From File to open a file browser dialog. From there you will need to navigate to the folder where you saved the downloaded stamps. Select the file and click Insert.
- If the digital stamp appears very large in the box and some of it is cut off, you will need to click on the small square handle that appears just inside the top left corner of the text box and drag it down and to the right while holding the mouse button down.
- You may need to do this more than once and also adjust the text box in order to get the digital stamp placed correctly. While there may appear to be a light gray border around the image, this shouldn't print. If you have got a darker or colored border around the image, you can select the text box and go to Format > Borders & Shading and set the border to no style or white.
- You can now use the same techniques to insert further images if required.
- Use Print Preview to check the position of the digital stamps on the page. You can now print your page.