The Essentials to Get You Started Rubber StampingRubber stamping is an extremely versatile craft and while it is possible to create lovely images with just a few items of equipment, there is a wealth of different stamps, inks, embossing powders, embellishments and other great supplies that can tempt a beginner rubber stamper.
Planning PurchasesThere is no need to buy everything all at once (despite how tempting this may be!). Not only will this be expensive, but it might also result in disappointment. Vellum, for instance, is a lovely type of paper however it has special qualities meaning that it is not ideal for a first project.
When starting rubber stamping there are a few key supplies that are necessary and these, combined with a few multi-purpose stamps, will give plenty of potential for creative fun without breaking the bank.
There are a few essentials required by the novice rubber stamper:
Other Useful Rubber Stamping Supplies for Beginners
- It is possible to buy a specialist stamp cleaner, however stamps can be effectively cleaned with baby wipes or soap and water.
- Storing stamps carefully will help to ensure cleanly stamped images. When starting out it is easy to look after just a few stamps, however as the collection grows so does the need to create a good storage system.
- Bring some pizazz to your rubber stamping by applying some special techniques. Embossing powders, heat gun, glitters and many other exciting supplies can be used within several different techniques. These are wonderful ways to create great rubber stamped designs.
Tips for Buying Rubber Stamping EssentialsHere are some useful tips to help you get the most from your rubber stamping budget.
- Buy stamps with multiple uses to maximize the stamping opportunities from each stamp.
- Look for stamps with bold patterns as these give reliable results on most beginner projects.
- Purchase all purpose inks that don't require any special finishing techniques. These can be used on a variety of materials.
- Practice on scrap paper or craft paper before moving onto special papers and cards.