Glow in the dark jewelry is perfect for Halloween. It is easy to make your own special glow in the dark jewelry using glow in the dark polymer clay and rubber stamps. Glow in the dark polymer clay looks just like any other polymer clay until it is dark, and then the full spooky greenish glow is revealed! Glow in the dark polymer clay gradually loses its glow, however it can easily be 'recharged' by placing it in front of a strong light for a while.
Glow in the dark polymer clay is easy to use. It can be used in the same way as any other polymer clay. The best type of stamp to use is a stamp with a strong image which can be stamped in a single color. Use a permanent ink such as StazOn as this will not smudge or smear.
- Glow in the dark polymer clay
- Craft rolling pin (or pasta maker) and sharp knife
- Rubber stamps and inks
- Ribbon, cord and earring findings as required
- Pliers to fit findings if required
- Condition the polymer clay (see How to Condition Polymer Clay for more information)
- Roll the polymer clay into a sheet of about 1/4" thick
- Cut shapes from the polymer clay to make pendants and earrings (you could use cookie cutters to cut shapes of a consistent size)
- Pierce a hole so that the shapes can be attached to earrings or a pendant cord
- Bake the polymer clay according to the manufacturers instructions
- When the clay is cool, stamp an image
- Attach findings or thread a cord through the necklace and enjoy!
next page for tips for making glow in the dark jewelry using polymer clay and rubber stamps, plus more ideas for Halloween crafting.
For more polymer clay Halloween jewelry ideas see Polymer Clay Pumpkin Earrings from Tammy Powley at About.com Jewelry Making.
More Reading About Polymer Clay and Rubber Stamps
- Learn About Polymer Clay and Rubber Stamps - how to use rubber stamps with polymer clay (a beginners guide)
- Stamp with Acrylic Paint on Polymer Clay - create interesting surface textures and designs
- Easy Polymer Clay Mokume Gane - use rubber stamps to create interesting effects in polymer clay
- Easy Polymer Clay Pendant - effective polymer clay pendant
- Make a Polymer Clay Medallion - polymer clay medallion that would also make a card embellishment
- Mica Shift with Polymer Clay and Rubber Stamps - create an optical illusion in metallic polymer clay
- Customize Brads with Polymer Clay - create your own unique and customized brads