DIY folded envelopes are quick and simple to make. All that is required is a sheet of square paper. Use a piece of decorative paper, such as a sheet of scrapbooking paper, to make a striking envelope or create your own handmade designer papers using your favorite rubber stamping techniques.
These envelopes are perfect for adding a special finishing touch to handmade cards or make smaller versions to use as gift tags. They can be used in other ways too, for instance attach a few handmade envelopes to a piece of ribbon and hang this from a notice board as a DIY organizer, this is a great way to store important pieces of paper.
Materials Required to Make a DIY Folded Envelope
- A piece of square paper
- Double sided tape
- Ruler, pencil, scissors, bone folder (optional)
More Envelope Projects, Templates and TutorialsWe have more envelope projects, templates and tutorials for you. Check out some of the pages below for some ideas for your next rubber stamping project:
- Decorate Envelopes - how to decorate shop-bought envelopes with rubber stamps
- Folded Paper Envelope Tutorial - learn how to make an envelope from a single piece of paper
- Popular Envelope Sizes - find out the most popular envelope sizes for different sized cards and plan your envelopes for your handmade card projects
- Gift Tag Pocket Envelope Template - this template will help you make small gift tags with matching envelopes, ideal for scrapbook pages and decorations!
- Seed Envelope Template - this template will make a seed envelope which is a great way to present some seeds from your garden as a thoughtful gift
- Gift Card Envelope Template - this is a simple gift card envelope template which can be decorated in a variety of ways