Paper boats are easy to make and are often created from a single folded piece of paper. The technique is similar to that used to create paper hats - but with a couple of extra folds. They are perfect for customizing with rubber stamps. Here are some tips for using your rubber stamps to customize paper boats:
- Use a complementary colored paper and inks and stamp an all over design on the paper.
- Both sides of the paper are shown, therefore an interesting effect can be achieved by using a different color on either side.
- Try placing stamped images around the edge of the boat. The best way to do this is to make a boat out of scrap paper first and mark the places where the stamps are to be positioned before transferring this to the quality paper.
- Add glitter glue or other embellishments after the boats have been made.
- Use a standard weight paper, very heavy weight paper or card is difficult to fold and makes a bulky boat.